Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Rocky Road Cupcakes

Ok... so Day 1 of 365! I hope this is a good first day! I think I picked a pretty promisings first cupcake...It's like Lindsay & Anne, like Julie & Julia. I am getting help from the book, "Cupcakes from the Cake Doctor," by Anne Byrn.

- What I Didn't Have in the cupboard...
Cocolate Chips, Vanilla Pudding, Rice Crispys, Devil's Food cake mix, and whole milk. Then I ran out of eggs and had to rush to Aldis! ARGH!

- What's on the iPod?
So I thought I would listen to country because of the answer to the next answer.
Rockin' the Beer Gut (or should I say cupcake gut)
There's One in Every Crowd (And it usually IS me)
Big Green Tractor

- Why this cupcake?

There was so much chocolate, i thought this one would be one that Nathan would like. Hence the country play list on the iPod.

- What did I Change? The rocky road asked for peanuts, as would most. So i swtiched rice crispy out. They kind of got stale, but still a good crunch.

- The Final Results....

So they turned out really well. The tops were kinda crispy...i bet I over cooked them, but they were still good!
Helpful tips...- There are usually 2 cups of Chocolate Chips... yea i didnt know that...
- Have a glass of milk ready. You basically have to take a drink after taste testing anything because of how much chocolate there is.
- Don't overcook! The more moist the better!
- The Mac-O-Meter....
Are you ready?!?!
9.6 Seconds with NO CRUMBS!!! WHAT?!?!?!?!

I had some extra chocolate cupcakes with no frosting, and when i took them to a friends house those were gone too! Maybe this is a good chocolate cupcake recipe!

2 comments:

  1. I'm seriously impressed by Mac's self-control.

    Also, they look delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Linz...are you posting the recipe, too? Looks delish! What a fabulous idea.

    ReplyDelete