Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Preheating the Oven...

So you've seen Julie & Julia right... yeah, well, me neither. But i really liked the idea. So similarly, in an attempt for a temporary hobby, i setting a slightly extensive goal...

I, Lindsay Wineinger (which still sounds SO weird), am attempting to bake 200 flavors of cupcakes in 365 days.

Now, I understand that you may be thinking, "Lindsay! Are you crazy?!" And I would reply, "Psh. Do you know me?" I think this will also tickle that little dream of mine to open my own cupcake shop. And why am I calling it "Mac + Zay's Cupcake Adventure?" Because what's more awesome then a girl and her loyal dog's adventures, even if it is just in the kitchen?! But please believe me when I say that he and his hair don't come anywhere near any of the results. So here is my playful kick for these next few months...

Each entry will include some very fun questions...
- What I Didn't Have in the cupboard...
Now, I understand that I am not the average person and I have some weird ingrediants in previous attempts of cooking experiments, but still good stuff to know...
- What's on the iPod?
And yes... i probably danced to it.
- Why this cupcake?

Sometimes it helps to know the inspiration to each cupcake. It adds. :)
- What did I Change?
Just in case something changed from the original recipe
- The Final Results....

Now this will also include a picture of the final product and "Nathan's Scale of Approval." Now, Nathan, my husband, was given VERY strict orders from the very beginning of our marriage to tell me exactly how he feels about the food he eats. If he doesn't speak up on something he hates, he'll probably get it again.
- The Mac-O-Meter....
Pretty sure, i think this is my favorite part...and I know it's Macs...I will time Mac to see how long it takes for him to scarf down one cupcake. AWESOME right!?

Lastly please let me introduce u to my team of experts...


This is my handsome and wonderful husband of 71 days, Nathan. Although a somewhat picky eater, he's getting more adventurous. He is definately my encourager for this project...and im anxious to see his reactions on some of these crazy flavored ones...








This is Mac. My beloved dog. He will break any barriers to snuggle with me, and when he sees me embark on the kitchen, he knows there's something eatable come out of there soon. And the great part about him... he'll always eat my mistakes!







I will add more pictures as we go, but I look forward to watching this crazy dream of mine unfold and so glad you are here to watch me do it as well...happy baking...
-zay

3 comments:

  1. Holy cow! When I read "200 cupcakes" I wasn't really impressed. Then I realized you meant 200 different flavors....are there that many!?

    I ate one of your carrot cake cupcakes at church Sunday night (Nathan brought them to "Up"). Um, delicious. You are a cupcake master.

    I hope this launches your cupcake career, because there would be nothing cooler than that. Are you going to give each of the 200 cupcakes special names?

    Can't wait to read about your (and Mac's) cupcake adventures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun! I was wondering if that is going to be 1 to 2 dozen of each of those 200 flavors?! If you need helping eating them......

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, Lindsay. If we only lived in the same town, we could open up a bakery...

    ReplyDelete