Monday, August 16, 2010

#2 Red Velvet- DISASTER!

Dear Cake Flour, I think I hate you... Yours Truly, Lindsay

So today was red velvet cupcakes. I had made these once before using a recipe that called for cake flour. It failed so I figured it was me just generally making mistakes, but this is twice. No, not cool. Please...share my failure with me...


- What I Didn't Have in the cupboard...

Ironically i had EVERYTHING!

- What's on the iPod?

Kim's amazing playlist she gave me once..I'm a Barbie Girl
As Long as You Love Me, Backstreet Boys... yes.

- Why this cupcake?

I wanted to see if this recipe would work... hmmm.

- What did I Change? I used red color paste instead of food coloring.

- The Final Results.... BLAH! They were really hole-y and i couldnt even get them out of the paper without tearing them apart. They taste..ok..but not WOW! I think it was the cake flour... i really do!
- The Mac-O-Meter....
Why would i feed my dog something so not good?!

I ended up making the rest of the red velvet batter into a cake. It wasnt big, but the cream cheese frosting made it ok.
Nathan ate a piece so that's saying something.

Now on a positive note, I thought I would introduce you to my trusty sidekick in the kitchen... BIG RED!

He def lets me have control! And he makes me look like i know what im doing. Oh, Kitchen Aid how you make me happy. Ok. I have cooked my next cupcake already. I'll write about it in the morning.

My hint: REAL STRAWBERRIES and Bake and DESTROY!!!

1 comment:

  1. I wonder if you should have a Nate-o-Meter as well as a Mac-o-Meter? You know, time Nathan on how long it takes him to devour a cupcake and compare the time with Mac's? :)

    ReplyDelete